Friday, March 03, 2006

Why Do People Get Angry? – January 30, 2006


People who get angry easily really have a lot of sadness inside, because anger is actually a mask of fear or sadness that hasn’t been expressed or released. Remember the last time you were angry at someone, was that someone you cared about or loved? Or was that someone whose view of you you cared very much about? I get angry at my parents for telling me to do something that I don’t want to, because deep down I feel threatened that if I didn’t do what they wanted me to do, they wouldn’t love me for the way I am. Sometimes lovers get angry at each other easily because when we are in love, we care alot about how much love our partner has for us, so whatever they do that threaten to say that they don’t love us, could make us feel angry. Or if a good friend decides to keep something from us, we get angry because we are scared our friend no longer treasures us as her good friend. Feelings are afterall feelings and cannot be easily explained by the rational mind. Some of us are more sensitive and others are not. There is no right or wrong to how we feel about something, we are the way we are. So next time if someone you care about get angry at you, tell them it’s ok they are angry (even if you really don’t get it!), rather than trying to explain why they shouldn’t be, and watch for the wonderful miracle - their anger will go away much more quickly! Because all we need is a bit more love and acceptance, however way we choose to express ourselves.

(Photograph by Vicky Yeung)

No comments: