Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Remembering

Remembering the days when the wind blew in my face, when the screeching noises of car caressed my ears…

Remembering the days I opened my eyes and frost covered my windows my window blinds flapping by the glass…

Remembering the days sipping hot chocolate standing by the food stand ordering breakfast on my way to class…

Remembering the days I entered the sports hall with my bathing suit bag hearing the sound of bouncing balls and screeching sound of running shoes on the basketball court next door…

Remembering the days when I walked up many flights of stairs nonstop barely catching my breath to arrive at the door with many postcards of random places…

Just remembering the moments that have passed but vividly lived. Remembering I have lived and continue to breathe and am alive. Remembering I am human. Remembering I am spirit living in body, blessed with everything I have, every experience I have experienced, every opportunity to love, every opportunity to fall, to be hurt, and to heal and walk again. Knowing that no experience in life is any less than another experience. Knowing that each moment is all we have and that breath is our timekeeper. With the breathing of each breath, is the ticking of each second passing. No time is wasted. It is always lived.

No comments: